Ye Olds: Do You Know What Millennials Are?
Millennials are not:
- the kids on your lawn
- kids these days
- any kids whatsoever
- everyone who annoys you
- everyone who fills you with envy
- everyone who is not elderly (though we're getting warmer)
- all people born from 1981 to 1996 (as settled by the Pew Research Center)
- the largest book buying and reading demographic
- the most educated generation
- old enough to drink legally
- old enough to have earned a Bachelor's degree
- sometimes old enough to be actual Olds
this super scientific quiz by the Washington Post, I am one of the Olds because I do not have any social media apps on my phone. (Also because I'm 35 years old.) If I'm arguing with you on Facebook, I'm doing it like an adult--in front of a television-sized monitor, while I'm supposed to be writing my novel.
This is the face of a Millennial. Not because I fit into some dumb stereotype but because--and only because--I was born after the year 1980.
Please feel free to share this post everywhere you see an Old griping about the lazy Millennials in high school. Though, if a Millennial is still in high school, I suppose they might be lazy.